1. What is Zurb Foundation?
Jonathan Smiley, Design Lead at ZURB
We know the guys over at Twitter, in fact Mark (the CSS author of Bootstrap) is a former ZURBian. There are a few differences between the two frameworks. Foundation began as a boilerplate for our client projects at ZURB. We recognized a need to move into responsive design because it was the right choice for most of our clients, so we developed Foundation for release to be built around the core RWD tenets. We also built foundation to be visually spare – we apply custom styles to every project with Foundation because our clients don’t want an off the shelf appearance. This all means Foundation is heavily tested (our clients demand it) but requires more styling effort up front. Bootstrap was developed (Mark might weigh in to clarify this, or not) predominantly as a style guide for Bootstrap internal tools, and evolved from there. Thus with Bootstrap you have a ready made style guide that looks nice, but typically looks like Bootstrap.
Both have common elements to help you build sites more quickly, and both support responsive design. Bootstrap uses Less, in large part because it has a nice OS X app and in part because it’s amenable to modification by @fat. Foundation is switching into Sass/SCSS because we’re a rails shop and Sass is more conducive to rails. Whichever you use, be sure to bring your own design to the table through the content, layout, or visuals. The web shouldn’t become homogenous (yet) and this is a great time to be doing multi-device design and implementation.
Also see this link:
This one is pretty good:
4. What are some sites/applications built in Foundation?
5. Where can I learn Zurb Foundation?
6. What are the disadvantages of using Zurb Foundation?
Not much really. But if you insist, here is a link.
Video Tutorials: here
Latest posts by Sagar Parajuli (see all)
- 7 no-fuss and sleek corporate wordpress themes - May 21, 2014
- 5 madly underrated Android Apps - May 12, 2014
- 5 Great looking and Useful sites built using Node.js - May 7, 2014
- Postmodern jukebox by Scottbradleeylovesya subscribed - March 11, 2014
- Another leak the new HTC one - March 3, 2014